These past three months have truly been unprecedented. No one could have foreseen the dramatic effect COVID-19 would have on individuals, families, and businesses in New York State and around the globe. LMT has taken rigorous steps to reduce the risk of the spread of COVID-19 and other communicable diseases.
First and foremost, our hearts go out to anyone who has personally been affected by this pandemic. Our thoughts are with those who have been sick and to those who have cared for those infected. Our deepest sympathies go out to all who have lost someone close to them. To all who have been working on the front lines, LMT thanks you for your dedication, courage, and care.
As New York State re-opens, LMT remains focused on the health and safety of our employees, clients, and our community. We have given our employees the option to continue to work remotely or to return to the office. For those employees who have chosen to come back to the office or go on-site for client visits, LMT has a thorough COVID-19 plan in place to ensure our employees prevent the spread of the virus and to ensure that all LMT team members are comfortable going to client sites. Each of us at LMT is committed to following these practices both when we are in the office and while at a client sites:
- Adhering to social distancing requirements
- Wearing face masks
- Daily temperature checks and health screenings upon entering the LMT office
- Requiring employees to stay at home if experiencing flu-like symptoms
- Limiting exposure - we ask that if our clients have equipment to drop-off or pick-up from the LMT office, please call to let us know you are here and we can meet you in the parking lot or the downstairs lobby
- LMT understands that everyone - for a variety of reasons - is responding differently to our current state of caution. We have communicated to our team that should they feel a need for increased protection while at client sites, they can request that the client wear a face mask or choose to resume their work remotely.
As your company prepares to bring staff back to the office, LMT is here to assess security and bandwidth issues that may occur as you bring back PC’s and laptops that were “in the wild.” We addressed these concerns in a recent blog post.
LMT understands IT security threats increase with remote workers. LMT is here to ensure your team's transition back to the office environment is as secure and seamless as possible.
As we move forward, LMT will remain vigilant in doing our part to protect computer systems, and most importantly, the people who use them. We’re in this together.